Friday, July 28, 2006

A Confession

I have a small confession:

I have actually started to like Larry (Chipper) Jones. OK, maybe "like" is a strong word, but I no longer hate him. I cant really pinpoint why but as of late, I have started to like guys that have carried themselves in a particular manner. Maybe it is that I am a bit more mature and can appreciate a professional athlete that carries himself (or herself) in a professional manner. Despite what any Mets fan has to say about him, he does display a clear head on his shoulders. At least to what I have seen, he seems to love and embrace his fans, he plays hard all the time and appears to be a great teammate. Not to mention, he has had nothing but praise and semi-well wishes for our boy Davey.

I am a huge Mets fan but I am also a Baseball fan. And quite frankly, Baseball needs more players like Jones.

Sorry if that hurts a bit fellow Mets fans.

No comments: