Monday, July 24, 2006

Down With Stirrups

What is up with the Cubbies' game style?

Greg Maddux takes the mound tonight and immediatly has to sit on the left side of the mound to tighten up his cleats and what do we see on his legs?

Stirrups!













Shit, man. Are we in 1978? Stirrups? Really? Stirrups should go the way of the doubleheader. Extinct. Just look at them. It's bad enough that he is wearing pants that would show his ankles had he not been wearing any socks, but then to have that hideous blue stripe in there as well, is just a bad idea. This has got to be the worst fasion statement in baseball, that is however until I saw his teammate. Juan Pierre got Maddux off the hook as worst dressed player out on the field tonight. Pierre actually has the lack of sense to wear high sock stirrups.


















What is that? It even brought critisism from the booth at SNY. You know you are doing wrong when Keith "Just For Men" Hernandez. Cubbies, do us all a favor and retire the stirrups for good. I, myself like the high socks but am just fine with regular pants as well.

NO STIRRUPS!

I dont consider myself to have any sort of fashion sense (I am a straight male, after all) so I might not know what looks good, but I know what looks retarded.

On a side not, I do like Hernandez in the booth, while rough around the edges, he knows his shit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The stirrups don't bother me as much as Pierre wearing his cap underneath the batting helmet. Now that's just odd.

Radie said...

Really? I kinda like the old school hat under the helmet.

They (SNY Booth) did mention that he is the only one that they could think of that wears that.

I does look a little funny.

I really like when catchers wear a backwards hat under their masks. Mike Matheny did it for a long time. I think he still might, but I havent seen him play in a bit. Too bad he wears it under a goalie mask and NOT a catchers mask.

Anonymous said...

stirrups, much like leggings, are just wrong